Since my Mom's death I devote all my time to creating pots. I participated in a local holiday faire and was juried in to a local cooperative art gallery. Internet sales are consistent as well. I create and post as I go along. I find inspiration it what I love and I feel blessed every day to be able to create.
Sense my last post, I was working with porcelain and doing sgraffito with more success in finding a terra sigilatta color and glaze that worked with my clay body. Thanks to John Britt for doing the work on finding glazes that don't craze. John does the hard work and I pay with for the effort. Thanks John.
Now I moved on to working with a red clay body. I bought 500 pounds. In the beginning, I was dubious and wondered what I did. I knew the background would be different for sgraffito work, so I needed light terra sigilatta colors. The first tests revealed that 3-5% mason stains were inadequate to pop thru the glaze I was using. Later, I read a few articles about 1:1 lithium carbonate and gersley borate wash. Here are my results.