Where to find my pots...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

And so it begins....


 You have to start somewhere. About a month ago we decided to remodel a portion of the garage into a studio for her to make jewelry and for me to create pottery. The space is attached to the two car bays and is 11feet by 21 feet. The goal is to frame the area in with sub-walls, since the garage is a cedar pan-abode design, rewire, insulate, and hang an eight foot ceiling.  All of which with by sheet rocked, mud and taped, and primed.

Here begins the journey and documenting of the process. Below I posted the two latest additions to the space. Even though I am not quite ready, I have my intent.  A moveable ware cart and a VL-Whisper Shimpo wheel. Even though I am building the studio, I am also adhering the adage of getting my hands in the mud on a daily basis. I don't want to the loose the feel of throwing and building pieces. Especially, since I am learning how to work with a new clay body, Laguna WSO cone 10. Also, I am making a hundred mugs over the summer as a lesson in technique and form, the first two on the left of the mug that was wood fired in April. 


No comments:

Post a Comment