Where to find my pots...

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sheet Rock Hung and First Bisque at Home



The past two weeks were all about sea kayaking guiding in Kachemak Bay for True North Adventures and staying busy getting the studio ready for the winter. All of the framing, insulating, and sheet rock work are finished. It appears to me that most remodeling or basic construction always entails some problem solving. Today was the three-way switch that turned the outside lights to the garage and studio. A job that should take a half hour ended up being three. Got it right in the end.  Now I am awaiting the mud and taping to begin. The room is brighter and feels more open. I am sure the 10' by 20' space will fill up with equipment and pots in no time.


Finally, I cleared all the sheet rock from the garage bay next to the studio and was able to do my first bisque firing. Things are heating up. Looking forward to making some sample glaze tiles next and exploring some glaze possibilities. The next adventure will be making some mugs and bowls with the cone 6 clay using brittle star theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment