Where to find my pots...

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Problems with P Squared

This week finds me struggling with pitchers and plates. Plates are something that I really want to master and be able to create a strong surface decoration.
Part of the struggle is trimming the foot and not having the bottom cave in on you. So I have incorporated a plaster bat on the wheel. The intent is to dry out the foot, there by giving me the leather hardness for a successful trim. So far, so good. The above picture shows rutile slip trialing. Hope it works with my glaze.

The pitcher form is the a struggle due to the vessel being part container and part delivering of fluid. I am trying define the two, but still struggle with pulling a pot that has both clearly defined. Handles are a real struggle as well. Here is my latest attempt.

While I ponder these forms at least I am listening to some great music via Spotify. Here I found out about First Aid Kit from Sweden. These two young gals deliver some great duets. Here they are on David Letterman.






No comments:

Post a Comment