Where to find my pots...

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Markets and Making Pots

In August, I was able to get my wares out to the local Homer Farmer's Market. It was a beautiful Saturday for selling pots. I met a lot of great people and got a lot of support and encouragement about my pottery. At the end of the month, I was accepted to show my work at Homeric Traders. This business is giving me the opportunity to rent space and sell my work at a low commission. I hope that this will get some folks interested in my work. Living 15 miles out of town I don't see a lot of tourist or town traffic, I am looking forward to having my pots in the heart of Homer. I made these break down shelves over a couple of days. They will be used for fairs and festivals in the future. The uprights are hinged and shelves are secured by dowels coming up through the cross braces. Just push the shelves down and they are secure.



 In the studio, I have been making bottles and coffee pour overs. There has been a lot of demands for my oil and vinegar bottles.

I am also making large containers and tumblers for Homeric Traders and the holidays. In the picture above right, I have a large crock that our local mushroom grower wants for brewing kombucha.

Finally, I was able to focus the later part of August firing some pots. I was really happy with the results. I put new elements, in the kiln and with the controller I was able to run a solid E1firing.
Small serving plate with brittle star slip with Tripplett Chameleon glaze.
Coffee pour over.

Serving boat Kim's orange glaze with LaLune's ash glaze sprayed over.

Nicky's cup LaLune's turquoise and ah glaze.

Oil and vineger bottles, LaLune's ash glaze over blue denim and variegated blue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment