Where to find my pots...

Monday, December 1, 2014

Work In Progress

The last two glaze firings revealed some nice surprises. A combination of the glossy base glaze with rutile makes for a nice over lap with the glossy base glaze combinations of copper carbonate and cobalt carbonate which have a green and blue color depending on the combinations. 
Lately, I have changed the foot of my mugs. I trim less to save time and like the look of the flat bottoms. However, I roll mug for a final touch and then impress a snail shell around the bottom of the foot. Also, the handles are improving due to practice and I am concentrating on making the handles thinner and lighter in weight.
 

The studio is packed, not only am I preparing for packaging the pledges for the Kickstarter project, but I am getting ready for a cone 10 firing in a couple of weeks with my East End Road neighbor and ceramic instructor Megan. These days I am preparing glazes for cone 6 and cone 10 firings.

 This week I am packing the kiln for a bisque firing. Waiting for some mugs to dry for the load in the this picture. I am looking forward to glazing these bowls to match up with the mugs.
 While I throw pots for the pledges and work on glaze recipes I am always looking for new ideas and inspirations for future projects. Today my neighbor Amy sent me the picture of brittle stars and trilobites fossils. She thought I would like it and I did. I will mess around with it and see what happens over time.
 Another idea was inspired by plankton. Here is a plate that incorporates some plankton images with brittle stars.





No comments:

Post a Comment