Where to find my pots...

Friday, February 6, 2015

Supplies and January Thaw

Check out this picture from early January. The driveway is complete ice and there is no snow in the yard. For Alaska, that is crazy. Driving this trailer on the driveway was a bit crazy as well. I received a ton of clay and supplies in January. Freight service up here means picking up your supplies in town. Having the old snow machine trailer is nice. I am thankful the roads were wet and not icy. This is 1500 pounds of clay and 500 pounds of glazing supplies. It should hold me over until the summer. 
 
Meanwhile I have been working on filling the kiln with some bowls to finish out my orders for the Kickstarter project. 
 Also, experimenting with texture on medium size containers for Cone 10 firings.


Prototypes for the Homer Brewing Company tankards.

Finishing more cone 10 containers and boat trays in the bisque firing.
Creating some decanters for the decanter sets.
More cereal bowls for summer market.
Finally, trying new glaze recipes with John Britt's new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment